MUF - Sunlight

Wednesday, December 7, 2022

New DX on 3796 KHz

 If you are not on the air then you miss the DX!  I was pleasantly surprised this morning when Setsu, JL1UXH returned to my CQ DX on 3796.  It was about 7 minutes before my sunrise (1126Z) and he was 59 with light QRN.  I talked with our old friend Taka, JQ2SIX at 1115Z.

Linda, W5TRV, is doing her best to get Barry, W9UCW up and to the radio in the early morning in Texas.  So far, it is not working very well.

I have been trying to fix an old Ameritron AL-1200 amp that a friend wants to sell.  After about 10 miscellaneous repairs it appears that the tube is soft.  Only about 1,200 watts out for 100 watts drive on most bands.  He is moving back to Canada and it is impractical to ship the amp back to the U.S. or Canada.

So I am looking for a good used 3CX1200A7 tube for a decent price. So far, no luck.

73 from Panama

Jay, HP3AK


No comments: