MUF - Sunlight

Sunday, October 29, 2017

Contest Weekend The DX window was Clogged UP.



The girl is just because I know you guys like girls and Snoopy is because I am tired after the contest.

Some DXers like contests and other do not. I have a mixed attitude about contests. I have this year been working on the CQ Magazine DX Marathon. For those who do not know that is a year long process of working countries on all of the Ham Bands in any mode. FT8 is ok too. I right now have worked 220 countries and all 40 zones. This gives me a score of 260 for the year so far. It is like a contest but more fun because you don't have to stay up all night. LOL My fellow ham got me started in the adventure. I kind of like it as a challenge but it is work and my hobbies are not suppose to be work. Are they?? Well for the record in the contest I worked 421 countries and 214 band countries and I think about 25 different Zones. A big part of the world was not in this contest for NA. There were no real openings to Asia or the South Pacific even on 20 meters. I worked Hawaii and one Australian and a couple of JAs but that is poor considering the Target Rich environment of Japan Ham Radio Operators during a contest. 73 for now. Mike W9MK

No comments: